3 tablespoons oil, for sauteing
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 cups water (can be used to soak the legs of excess water that has been fried chicken)
3 tablespoons tausih (black soybean) fine, or three tablespoons of the puree rough tausih
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon seasoning
5 drops (half a teaspoon) sesame oil
A little pepper
2 tablespoons soy sauce (soy superior)
2 anise (star anise)
2 pieces of red pepper, thinly sliced
5 teaspoons of starch, with a little water
- Boil chicken legs in boiling water that has been given a salt and vinegar for about 10 minutes. Lift, then drain, put in a bowl / pan, put soy sauce, stirring until blended.
- Fry in hot oil until brown color and a bit dry. Lift, then soak in cold water until +/- 25-30 minutes
- Meanwhile, to make sauce, heat the oil in a skillet. Saute garlic until fragrant.
- Mix all other ingredients (except the anise, red pepper and cornflour) in a glass or bowl and then pour it into a stir garlic.
- Enter the chicken legs are soaked, stir until blended. After that, enter the anise, red pepper, stir briefly, the last insert starch that has been dissolved.
- Stir well and cook briefly until boiling. Remove from the heat.
- Put in a heat-resistant bowl or dish, steamed until tender
Ha Kau / Hagao (steamed shrimp)
500 g shrimp, peeled and chopped
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
2 teaspoons sesame oil
3 teaspoons of refined borax
¼ teaspoon borax smooth
A little pepper
Seasonings to taste.
130 g flour Ten Mien
19 g cornflour
165 cc of boiling water
- First, make it: Mix all ingredients contents, stirring until smooth, then store in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- After that, make the dough skin: Mix the two kinds of flour in a bowl, pour boiling water, stirring quickly (if looks like a lack of water, let it go, do occasionally add water), then cover tightly with lid for 10 minutes. After that, knead until smooth and batter looks smooth and shiny.
- Make the dough into 2 sections, each section formed a long round, then cut into pieces, and weigh the weight of each piece + / – 8-10 g
- Trimmed each piece of dough skin (before basting once a cutting board and knife to be used with oil). The trick, place the dough on a cutting board skin, then tap with a wide knife until the dough looks thin skin, try to keep a round shape. After that, form the dough thin skin that has been seen earlier. Then give the dough the contents of + / – 1 teaspoon and then attach to the rim. Tap-tap the side so that she does not open,. Place on a plate that has been spread with oil.
- Work continues until all dough is exhausted skin.
- Steam up to cook for 15-20 minutes.
Ha Kau ready to serve.